The Treetop Walk
The Treetop Walk is a unique attraction which provides visitors with a 1.9km rainforest interpretive walk experience through beautiful cool temperate rainforest and features the 600mt long and 30mt high steel structured treetop canopy walkway. Experience the sensation of being 30 metres above the forest floor. We’ll provide you with a self guided map for your treetop walk journey.
- Is a gradual 500mt walk downhill from the Visitor Centre;
- The Treetop Walk is 600mt long and 30mt off the forest floor;
- At the pinnacle of the walkway, the spiral tower, you will be 47mt above the forest floor;
- Then a 600mt walk back up to the Visitor Centre;
- Features the ‘Prehistoric Path’ for the kids;
- Takes about 1hr;
- We offer a shuttle service that operates every half hour on the half hour that can bring you back to the Visitor Centre.
More about the experience: As you proceed along the level walkway, the ground progressively drops away taking you on a journey through the upper reaches of the rainforest vegetation strata. You emerge through the ferns of the forest floor to the tranquillity and beauty of the forest canopy.
At 30 metres high you experience a unique, close view of the flora and fauna of the rainforest. Before you know it you are staring out above the tops of some trees and there are also some spectacular stands of ferns to look down on.
Beautifully designed and informative Interpretation Panels, explain in greater detail what the visitor is looking at several points along the walk, enriching the Otway Fly experience.
The total walk of 1.9km takes approximately 1hr to complete BUT you can spend as much time as you like out there. The Otway Fly provides visitors of all ages and levels of mobility a unique and challenging experience at all times of the year.