Did you know..?
There are only five canopy walkways in Australia! They are: the llawarra Fly Treetop Walk
, Southern Highlands NSW; Otway Fly Treetop Walk
, Great Ocean Rd Victoria; Tahune Airwalk, Tahune State Forest Tasmania; Valley of the Giants Treetop Walk, Walpole-Nornalup National Park Western Australia; and Mamu Rainforest Walk in Queensland.
Otway Fly Tree Top Walk
- The Otway Fly Treetop walk is 600 metres long with an average height of 30 metres on the walkway
- The Spiral Tower is 47 metres high
- The Treetop walk can withstand 280km/hr winds
- The cantilevers can hold a maximum weight of 28 tonne or 14 Elephants!!
- The Treetop walk holds an average of 400kg/m2
- The Otway Fly Treetop Walk is located on 225 acres of private land.
Otway Fly Zip Line Tour
Owners & Operators:
- The Otway Fly Zip Line Tour is the first Zip Line Tour in Victoria, a unique eco-wilderness adventure that takes place in the magnificent Otways rainforest.
- Participants zip from one tree platform ('cloud station') to another connected by cable up to 30 metres above the forest floor...
- This exciting adventure lasts 2.5 hours and will have you flying on a series of cable spans from cloud station to cloud station and enjoying some features on this Zip Line Tour that are not available on any other Zip Line Tour in the world.
- The Zip Line Tour is guided by trained and experienced guides. Our guides will provide you with an insight into our forest's history and its features and provide you with an experience you won't forget!
- Visitors will see the trees and forest in a new light and learn about our growing and vibrant forests and when you come back to ground, you will walk on to and enjoy the Otway Fly Treetop Walk (so add another 1hr to the experience).
Otway Fly Tree Top Adventures is proudly part of Merlin Entertainments.
- The Tree Top Walk was opened in September 2003 by Elaine Carbines, Member of the Legislative Council.
- The Tree Top Walk is the world's longest and highest of its type in the world. It is 600 metres long and at the top of the tower it is 47 breathtaking metres high.
- The development cost $6.5 million and received funding from the Federal Government under the DOTARS Regional Assistance Program..
- Construction of the Tree Top walk cost was approximately $6.5 million
- The treetop walk was pre-fabricated in Launceston (Tasmania) and shipped to Melbourne. 20 trucks were used to transport the sections via road to site, where the structure was assembled and erected.
- The construction of the Otway Fly Zip Line Tour commenced in June 2010 and was completed in October 2010. The launch and official opening of the Zip Line Tour was on 22 October 2010 by; The Hon. Tim Holding MP, Minister for Tourism
and Major Events.